Friday, December 4, 2009

Roll of thunder Questions

1.The story takes place in Mississippi,because (on p.3)it says "Stacey and Christopher-John try to keep the Mississippi dust off of them."
2.The story takes place in 1933,I know because (on p.7) it says "now its 1933."

3.Challenges in 1933 were hard but one major challenge they faced was racism.The second challenge they face was the economy,with cotton because they didn't have that much money.I know because on ( p.48) the because they were called "Nigger,Nigger,Mud Eater !."During 1930 the economy lowered cotton price.(p.7)

4.I would react like them and try to retaliate if they do something horrible to me.I would retaliate because everyone needs to be treated the same way.

5.Yes,I think Mildred Taylor did capture the setting because she gave very important details,and shows examples of what it was like to live down south with the racism going on between white folks and black folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment