Tuesday, February 2, 2010

hw 86

p.41
a.

1.At the school it was a bazaar of junk on the table
It was cluttered but I spotted some old binculars.
2.The climber's foot slip.
As his foot slipped he felt for his toehold.
3.The locust blaketed the farmland.
The locusts swarmed over acres of crops in the terrible plague.
4.Against the blue sky snowfall glimmered.The blue sky like diamonds the flakes fell softly
b.
1.My mom hired a tutor to help me and, she seen an improvement in my writing.C
My mom hired me a tutor and, she seen an improvement.S
2.He interviewed the witnesses and, asked for their version.S
Mr.Maddox interviewed the witnesses then they described their version of the eventsC
3.The waiter returned the wallet and the owner was very relievedC
The waiter returned the wallet, the owner was relieved.S
C.
1.Manatees are ocean mammals that live in Florida tropical waters.
2.Every night Manatees search for food on water plants.
3.Manatees are in danger humans and destroy their habitats motorboat.

pg 45
A.
1.The warily jack rabbit watched the coyote.
2.People evacuted as the hurricane approached their homes.
3.The team won with a last minute goal in the tournament.
4.The lead actress was sick and the play was postponed
5.Priscilla hesitantly took charge of the meeting.
6.Before you cross the stream roll up your pants.
B.
1.Was she asonably sure of the answer?
2.The lights went out!
3.Go check to make sure thatyou have sufficient cash.
4.Does Rex have a job with an insurance company?
5.My sister has a huge vocabulary!
6.Get that injured dog to the vet.
C.
The workmen are fastening panel of wallboard in place with loud bangs.They have been demolishing my room piece by piece,It seem like eternity now.
My Grandma recently had a stroke and now she's moving in with us because of that life-threatening episode.My room is being divided in two,I had the only appropiate bedroom.I resent my loss of space in a way,I suspect Grandma resents losing her freedom more.

No comments:

Post a Comment